Open your eye's to the truth.....

Open your eye's to the truth.............. Bigfoot has been validated...they haven't told us

Sunday, May 13, 2012

This is the inaugural post of what will eventually be a record of my investigations into the sightings and phenomenon of the Florida Skunk Ape.

My actual research began more than ten years ago. Starting with a book I read by Ivan T. Sanderson.  The book peaked my interest in the possibility of the existence of the "North American Great Ape" or A.B.S.M. of North America, as Sanderson coins.

To confirm my own standing on this controversial subject, I do not just believe...I know that these beings exist.

Yesterday, May 12, 2012 was the beginning of an official record of my investigative experiences within the Sasquatch/Skunk Ape research community here in South Florida.

We woke at around 5:30 a.m. and packed the remainder of our gear,
loaded the car and left for Ochopee, Florida and the "Skunk Ape Research Headquarters." David Shealy, the owner of the facility and renowned Skunk ape expert, agreed to speak with me to discuss his past experience on the subject.  On the way out to the area for our meeting, my girlfriend Kelly, who's also my photographer, and I couldn't help but notice how vast the Everglades truly is as a habitat.


We arrived in Ochopee around 11:30 a.m. to find a few tourists taking photographs with each other in front of Skunk Ape statue that sits roadside.

The "Facility" as it's called, is rather small.  However, it does have it's merits.  An excellent collection of very large constricting snakes for one and an aviary with some very beautiful specimens that are also incredibly friendly.  The staff is very polite and happy to assist in some hands-on interaction with the exhibits.

We walked up to find Shealy sitting in a chair out front.  For Shealy, I imagine, the excitement of owning the Research center has worn off and would explain the perpetually irritated look on his face.  He was, however, incredibly polite and concerned with all of his customers needs. He was in fact wonderful to talk to.  I'm sure, having been approached by thousands of people in the last few years due to his mild celebrity status, has had to have affected his life in a big way.

I spoke with Shealy for nearly 2 hours in great detail regarding his upcoming series with the Discovery Channel and although he remained, for the most part, tight lipped as per his exclusive contract with the network, David Shealy remains convinced that his little corner of world will be ground zero for an explosive scientific find that will rock the world. In His own words, "It's not if we find it, it's when.... and it will be real soon."


Personally, I found Shealy to be a rather mellow, rational human being.
Certainly not the untruthful con-man that certain members of the
 Crypto-Community have painted him up to be. I rather hope he succeeds in proving the damn thing exists. He certainly has earned it. Please chime in.  Thanks again Dave.

















No comments:

Post a Comment